Paper Prototype Video


Big East Champions

Big East Champions

My New Truck

My New Truck

Truck I would love to have!!!

Truck I would love to have!!!

Shaun White

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chossing a topic for a game.

Today in class we were asked to choose a topic foor a game we are expected to produce, heres how I narrowed down my choices. First I chose three local issues that matter to me because this needs to be a learning experience for whoever plays my game. The three I chose are education, environment, and health. I picked these three because they are critical parts of our society, without education in todays fast paced world it doesnt take much to get left behind. The environment needs more people to go green because once thriving species are now closing in on being endangered species, and health, the U.S. is one if not the most obese countries and people need to take better measures to keep healthy and you only get one life so dont shoerten it.
Card games and word games are two genres I decided to focus on because both of them, if given the right attitude and time can be both fun and educational. I have no idea about finding the resources for a game and I'm going to wait for class to try this part because I dont want to find something and not give the correct credit to whoever created it.

5 comments:

  1. Good start, and description. Do remember to use the spell checker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like your game will geared towards more casual gamers.
    I'm also wondering how you will implement education, environment, and health issues into your game, and I can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan! Great blog post, and a very thoughtful way to go about narrowing down your game idea.

    I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

    Sincerely,
    David Lowenstein
    State Director, Globaloria WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Ryan, if you need any help just ask, reguardess if i am not in your group.

    Hope everything comes together for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game does seem interesting. I like how you picked three different issues to use in your game and it should not be that hard to make all three of them work together in one game. Good luck with your game and I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Poor Bird